Volunteers feel well two weeks after COVID-19 vaccine trials, Defense Ministry says
MOSCOW. KAZINFORM Volunteers, who tested a vaccine against the coronavirus two weeks ago at Burdenko military hospital, are feeling well and have not experienced any side effects, the Russian Defense Ministry told reporters on Tuesday.
«Two weeks since the vaccination the second group of participants of coronavirus vaccine trials, conducted by the Russian Defense Ministry jointly with the Gamalei National Research Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology, are in stable good health, and there haven’t been any complications or side effects,» the ministry said, TASS reports.
The volunteers will spend two more weeks in the medical facility. «Today we took their blood samples to examine how their immunity is working,» said Svetlana Volchikhina, a co-researcher, who heads the hospital’s therapy department.
On the 21st day since the first trials the volunteers will be injected with the second component of the vaccine. A booster vaccination is expected to further increase human body’s protective functions and extend protection after an extra dose.
All volunteers are under constant medical supervision and undergo medical examinations every day.
«While we have continued to operate a schedule of special passenger, cargo and humanitarian flights over the last few months, the priority is now to build the network back up on markets that have opened up, and to provide a secure and hygienic flying environment across the entire guest journey.»
- Argentina, Mexico to produce COVID-19 vaccine
- Asia's FIFA World Cup 2022, Asian Cup 2023 qualifiers rescheduled
- Australian unemployment hits 22-year high
- Venezuela ready to test Russian COVID-19 vaccine
- Greater Seoul area at risk of spike in virus cases, local infections at over 1-month high
- 67 medical facilities resume routine admissions in Almaty
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis