Kazakhstan’s table tennis star Gerassimenko victorious at the start of Tokyo Olympics
TOKYO. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstan’s Kirill Gerassimenko kicked off his Tokyo Olympic campaign with a win, Kazinform has learnt from the official website of the Games.
Gerassimenko stunned Czech Lubomir Jancarik 4-3 in the Table Tennis Men’s Singles Round 2 which lasted for 56 minutes.
On July 24 another Kazakhstani Anastassiya Lavrova lost to Maria Xiao of Spain 1:4 in the Women’s Table Tennis event at the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games.
Team Kazakhstan has a bronze medal in its collection as judoka Yeldos Smetov won the first Tokyo Olympics medal for Kazakhstan on July 24.
XXXII Summer Olympics Games will take place in Tokyo from July 23 through August 8. Kazakhstan’s national team earned 98 licenses in 27 sports.
- Kazakh due wins 2021 ITTF Kazakhstan International Open gold
- Kazakh Minister, reps of Kazakh cultural centres of Uzbekistan meet
- 40 int’l flights landed in Kazakhstan last day
- Kazakh Alimbayeva pockets bronze at 2021 ITTF Kazakhstan International Open
- 2 cities and 6 regions of Kazakhstan remain in high COVID-19 risk ‘red zone’
- Kazakhstan celebrates Mother’s Day
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis